Service Engineer (South West)
Two roles available: South West. Home-based.
Part of the Modine group of companies, Airedale International Air Conditioning is proud to be a British manufacturer with over 40 years of experience. Airedale is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative, high efficiency cooling solutions with a total customer focused attitude Our products are designed and built in Britain but used throughout the World. Our vision is to provide integrated thermal management solutions, differentiated through innovation and service.
Today our customers benefit from our extensive experience in Precision A/C, Chillers, IT Cooling, Condensers, Condensing units, Comfort cooling and air conditioning controls software design and optimisation. We are specialists in the design of super-efficient, integrated cooling solutions that provide real end user benefits in reducing power consumption and operational costs. Applications include data centres, clean rooms, hospitals, universities and other business critical environments.
In support of the above, we now have one of the largest teams of specialist service engineers working throughout the UK. We offer individually tailored service and maintenance contracts maximising resilience, uptime and system efficiency with 24/7 365 day support by qualified, highly skilled air conditioning engineers.
Due to continued growth we have opportunities for Southern based Service Technicians. To repair and maintain Airedale and other manufacturer’s refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Carry out all repair and maintenance work to Airedale and other manufacturers’ refrigeration and air conditioning equipment to a high standard of accuracy
- Work and liaise closely with customers
- Submit paperwork in a prompt and efficient manner
- Report day to day activity to the Service Team Leader to ensure availability and productivity
- Liaise with Service Support Engineers in Leeds and other Service Technicians
- Submit site reports within prescribed timeframe
- Submit expenses paperwork and timesheets within prescribed timeframe
- Act in a professional manner towards customers to promote company image
- Follow health and safety policies and procedures at Airedale and at customer sites
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
Able to work outside of normal office hours on a regular basis including weekends
Knowledge and skills
• Chillers – experience of service, maintenance and repair of chillers and chiller systems
• Close Controls system – Ability to work through controls systems for Diagnosis of faults, service and repairs
• Experience of working within data centres/business critical environments.
• Strong electrical experience with the ability to read detailed electrical schematics to diagnose faults accurately.
• Strong mechanical experience - water/fridge systems.
• Knowledge of different compressor technologies would be an advantage – Screw, Scroll, Turbocor.
• Organised, with a proactive positive personality, and an ability to self-manage.
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Full UK driving license
• Computer literate PC knowledge – general skills in Microsoft office
• Excellent customer service/facing skills
• Controls navigation knowledge – Carel/Trend
• Problem solving skills
• CITB – Safety handling of Refrigerants F-Gas 2079 qualified or equivalent
• Health and safety training for Skill Card
• CSCS - Skills card
• IPAF/PASMA (would be an advantage)
• SSSTS (would be an advantage)
• Basic salary of £34,378 with OTE up to £55k
• Pension scheme – 7% company contribution
• Inhouse training school
• Working for a UK based manufacturer
• High quality of equipment and workwear
Submitting an application:
Please apply in writing with CV and salary details via email or by completing the below form:
Apply for the 'Service Engineer - South East' role
Latest career opportunities