Supplier Quality Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to work as part of the Quality Team reporting to the Quality Manager. The role is pivotal to the success of our business in meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
The role is based at Airedale HQ, Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Driving down supplier ‘Cost of Quality’ across the business relating to warranty and reliability costs.
- Development, implementation and continuous improvement of internal supplier quality systems
- Strong working relationship with other departments including Manufacturing, Technical Support, Service, Product Development, R&D, Sales and Purchasing.
- Validation of new suppliers to determine supplier capability and performance using standard quality tools and methodologies including PPAP/ Part Submission Warrant.
- Actively support the Process Change Process to ensure that proposed part and component changes are fully validated and tested prior to introduction.
- Ensure that supplier quality concerns are fully investigated to determine root cause and that effective containment, corrective and preventive actions are implemented using recognised problem solving tools and methodologies including Supplier 8D, Ishikawa Analysis, 5 Why
- Lead Supplier Quality Audits, primarily at suppliers based in the UK and Europe and in other countries as required, to confirm compliance, investigate concerns and drive continuous improvement of supplier performance.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The successful candidate should ideally have the following skills and experience:
- HNC or degree qualified in an Engineering or Science based subject.
- Proven supplier quality experience of at least 5 years in a manufacturing and/ or technical environment (e.g. Automotive).
- Proven Lead Auditor/ Auditor experience and understanding of management systems standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001).
- Excellent communication, analytical and IT skills.
- Sound commercial awareness and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge, experience and use of structured problem solving and improvement tools and methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma/ Lean Toolbox).
- Positive attitude with a ‘can do’ mindset when faced with a challenge.
- Able to lead, motivate and enthuse fellow colleagues across other departments.
Applications should be made in writing with an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org