New Employee Profile - Duncan Wisely ( Business Development Manager )
Date: 31st July 2017 | Posted by: Airedale Team | Posted in: Press release
Airedale Air Conditioning, Leeds, UK, 31/07/2017
Global air conditioning manufacturer Airedale has strengthened its management team with the appointment of Duncan Wisely as Business Development Manager for the Artus™ Hybrid Low Energy Fan Coil Unit (FCU).
The appointment follows the forthcoming launch of Artus™, a revolutionary, award-winning, hybrid air conditioning system designed to save energy, money and space.
Artus™ was born in Partnership with Arup, and is a hybrid low-energy fan coil that combines the flexibility of a fan coil unit with the low energy consumption of a chilled beam.
Recently selected as a winner in the Ecobuild and M&S ‘Big Innovation Pitch’ Artus™ addresses current ceiling based AC challenges; it provides FCU performance and flexibility, with the low energy consumption of a chilled beam, enhancing office comfort via swirl air distribution, eliminating unwanted draughts.
Duncan's remit includes the commercial launch of Artus™ developing new routes to market and key account management to architects, developers, consultants and contractors.
Commenting on his new role, Duncan said:
“My new role within Airedale is to promote and sell the Artus™ unit. Having been involved with the unit in my previous employment, I am very excited to have the opportunity to promote this award-winning unit and really make a difference to the air conditioning of the future.”
We asked Airedale's latest recruit a few questions to get to know more about the person behind the role:
1. Why do you believe Artus™ is set to revolutionise traditional air conditioning for comfort based applications? The New unit is designed to meet the air conditioning demands of buildings today. It saves important and costly void space whilst being energy efficient and provides excellent thermal comfort for the building occupants.
2. Which one aspect of your new role excites you the most and why? To be able to assists Designers and Clients in creating wholly integrated design solutions for today’s Internal Environment. This will provide both enjoyable and stimulating environments for people to work rest and play in.
3. What is your proudest achievement to date? Developing and delivering the Integrated Ceiling Panels which provide the cooling, lighting and fresh air to the new Bloomberg Headquarters Building.
4. Do you have a particular area of specialisation within your chosen field? I have worked for various Air conditioning manufacturers and have been in the business all my life. I have extensive knowledge in building interiors having worked with Architects and Interior Designers to achieve their aspirations.
5. Why did you choose a career in Engineering/ Sales? My Father was an Engineer and I have always liked buildings and the new challenges each project brings. Also to be able to see what you have sold actually incorporated into a finished project is very satisfying.
6. What did you study at university/ college and how has your previous experience lead you to your current role? I studied Building Services Engineering at South Bank University and this gave me solid understanding of the services within a building. Knowing all aspects of building services enables appreciation of the complexity of the designs we face today.
7. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I enjoy competing in Triathlons and am shortly going to embark on the London to Paris bike ride with my Son.
8. Do you have any particular hobbies or interests that you are passionate about? I have always enjoyed playing and watching rugby and as a result of this I have coached a youth rugby team from Under 6’s to Under 16’s and we now have two lads (well not lads anymore) in the England under 20’s squad.
9. Favourite country visited on holiday and why? I love Spain. The people are very friendly, the food is delicious and it has some great history with some fantastic coast lines.
10. If you could take an inanimate object onto a desert island with you, what would it be and why? A 60 foot yacht, then the world would be my oyster.
11. What is the music track of your life, and what does it make you think of when you hear it? Being old, it would have to be Phil Collins “In the Air tonight”. It reminds me of my younger years...
To learn more about the Artus, hybrid fan coil unit, visit http://www.airedale.com/web/Artus-hybrid-low-energy-fan-coil-unit.htm and register your interest.